Find out more about
Jennifer Jane's Services
Jennifer’s beauty philosophy has always been ‘less is more’ and believes bridal makeup should be timeless and elegant. Known for her ability to listen and understand her clients needs, rest assured you’re in the hands of a professional. Jennifer uses the best premium products selected for their quality and longevity from brands such as Bobbi Brown, Charlotte Tilbury, Mac, Nars and Laura Mercier.
Your wedding day photographs will last a lifetime so it is Jennifer’s priority that you look and feel your very best on the most important of days, stress free and confidently beautiful.
Jennifer is also a bridal hair stylist having trained with Pamela Wrigley in 2012. She has since gone on to offer both bridal hair and makeup as a package making it a more economical choice for brides. Jennifer also works with a talented team of artists should you have a larger bridal party to cater for.
Jennifer and her team can make you look beautiful for variety of events such as:
- A photoshoot
- An interview
- A special night out
- A first date
- Meeting the parents
- A hen party
Or for any event where you need to look your very best and ooze confidence.
We also offer gift vouchers, please enquire here for availability.
Jennifer Jane provides one to one or group master classes in self- application of makeup, whether you are stuck in a rut or would just like a few pointers in the right direction. She also teaches Brides and Bridesmaids the art of wedding day makeup should you be traveling abroad or want to treat yourself and your ladies to a day of fun and some bubbles! Gift vouchers available.
Professional Makeup Course
Would you like to become a professional makeup artist and gain an accredited certificate in makeup artistry?
Are you already working as a professional Artist but would like a refresher course to keep investing in your makeup training?
Would you like to learn with an industry expert and gain the skills and knowledge to become a professional makeup artist?
Jennifer Jane is a fully qualified hair and Makeup Artist with over 12 years experience in the commercial and bridal industry and is now offering an accredited Bridal Makeup Certificate from London and Leeds.
Register your interest here for our next available dates.
How it Works
What to expect
I LOVE YOUR STYLE! WHEN SHOULD I BOOK MY WEDDING DAY SERVICES?We would love for you to book your wedding day as soon as you have your date set and chosen your dress. Most brides book 6 to 12 months in advance. If you are interested in working with Jennifer, contact her a soon as you can to find out her availability as she gets booked up many months in advance.
CAN I MEET WITH YOU FOR A CONSULTATION?Jennifer would love to discuss your wedding day with you and offers complimentary bridal consultations via skype. You can ask her any questions that you may have, get to know each other a bit and discuss all the details of your wedding. Your consultation will last between 20 to 30 minutes.
WHAT INFORMATION WILL YOU NEED FROM ME?By including all of the info below we can deal with enquiries more efficiently:
- Name of the bride
- Date that the services are required for
- The time that the bride needs to be ready for
- Name and address of the venue where our services are required
- The actual services required (i.e. hairstyling, makeup or both) and for how many people
- Any important information we should be made aware of, such as: a particular makeup and/or hair style that is required, if there any specifics about the client’s skin that are important, if there are any sensitivities to particular products, etc.
DO YOU COME TO ME ON MY WEDDING DAY?Yes. Jennifer’s services include travel to your wedding location. However she does charge 0.52 cents per kilometre outside of Palma for bookings in Mallorca and 0.50 pence per mile for any location 15 miles + outside of Corbridge, Northumberland in the UK.
WHEN SHOULD I BOOK MY TRIAL?The best time to book your pre-wedding trial is approximately one to six months before your wedding. Trials in Mallorca will take place at a location of your choosing however this will incur and extra charge for travel. Jennifer can also offer trials at Pout Studios in London. If you are getting married in the UK, trials with Jennifer take place at her studio in Corbridge, Northumberland. During wedding season, May to September, we ask that you book your trials during week days.
CAN I BRING PEOPLE WITH ME TO THE TRIAL?Absolutely! Sometimes we need a second opinion and who better to ask than your Bridesmaids or your Mum? We would advise however to keep it a man free zone as you will want to keep an element of surprise for your husband to be!
CAN I DO TRIAL BEFORE I COMMIT?Absolutely! We want you to be 100% sure of your decision but please bare in mind that Jennifer cannot hold a date until a deposit has been made.
WILL YOU TAKE BEFORE AND AFTER PHOTOS AT MY TRIAL?Yes. Before and after picture’s help you to see the difference that makeup and hair can make. Jennifer also keeps your images on file to reference for your wedding day. Your photos will be shared with you only and they will be emailed to you 2-4 days after your trial.
HOW LONG DOES A TRIAL TAKE?Hair and Makeup trials usually take around 2.5 hours but you should allow for 3 as you may want to try a few different ideas.
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO DO HAIR & MAKEUP ON THE BIG DAY?Bridal makeup takes approximately 45minutes and hair around 1 hour, depending on the style.
Other members of the bridal party such as Bridesmaids and Mothers hair & makeup takes approximately 35 to 40 minutes each. You will want to aim to be ready around 45 minutes before you need to leave so you can get dressed, have a glass of champagne, have a few photos any other last minute things (veils can sometimes be tricky!)
CAN YOU HELP ME WITH SCHEDULING MY WEDDING DAY?Of course! Once all of the services have been decided upon, you can make sure that your schedule will be tailored to your wedding day requirements.
WHAT MAKEUP BRANDS DO YOU LIKE TO USE? DO YOU SELL MAKEUP?Here are some of Jennifer’s favourite makeup brands that she has in her bridal kit: Giorgio Armani, Bobbi Brown, Mac, Laura Mercier, Makeup Forever. NARS, Kat Von D, Becca, Hourglass & YSL.
Jennifer does not sell makeup but is more than happy to let you know which products she loves and where you can purchase them from.
WHAT IF YOU ARE ILL ON MY WEDDING DAY?
In the unlikely event that Jennifer could not attend your wedding due to illness, and was not able to cover the event with one of her highly trained AND experienced team members, a full refund including your deposit would be given.
WHAT IS YOUR CANCELLATION POLICY?In the event you would need to cancel your wedding booking, the deposit will be refunded if we are notified of the cancellation 12 weeks or more before the wedding date. The deposit will be retained if less than 12 weeks notice is given. Any changes or cancellations should be made in writing as soon as possible.
For all other bookings including trials, no charge will be incurred if we are notified of the cancellation 24 hours or more before the booking date. The full charge for the booking will be incurred if less than 24 hours notice is given.
HOW DO I BOOK YOU?To book Jennifer for your wedding day, she requires a deposit of £200 and a signed e-contract. This secures her availability on the agreed date and time. The deposit is deducted from the final amount due. Enquiries for which a deposit has not been paid are not confirmed and therefore availability cannot be guaranteed.
HOW DO I MAKE PAYMENT?For deposits: payments can be made by bank transfer or Paypal. Bookings are only secured once payments have cleared.
The wedding day fees are required in full, no later than 2 weeks before the wedding date by bank transfer to the account details stated on the final invoice.
ARE YOU INSURED?
Yes, personal liability insurance is assured.
HOW IS IT BEST TO GET IN TOUCH?The most efficient way for a new inquiry to reach us is by using this contact form. (will provide) Or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
TERMS & CONDITIONSWe know T’s & C’s can be super boring but please do make yourself familiar with our terms of business so that your booking can be carried out with ease. It is the responsibility of the named person on the booking form to understand, agree, and accept responsibility for all booking conditions, including all payments due by specified dates. By proceeding to enquire with us and to pay a deposit, you accept that you are entering into a contract and you agree to be bound by these conditions.
DEPOSITS AND PAYMENTS
1. Minimum payment for peak season weddings between May and October is £500 (or 500€) for weekend wedding day services. If services booked do not total this amount, £500 (or 500€) will still need to be charged.
2. Payment of a non-refundable£200 (or 200€) deposit is required before a date can be held. This will be deducted from the final booking balance.
3. Full trial payments are due on the day of the trial.
4. The final and remaining balance set out on your invoice is due 14 days before the wedding day and is payable by BACS transfer
1.Mileage is charged at 45p per mile return, or 52cents per kilometre for travel outside of Palma for both trial and wedding day
Pleasenotetrialpaymentiscalculatedseparatelyandistobepaidinfullbycashorcard on the day of the trial.
IF YOU CANCEL OR CHANGE THE BOOKING
1. Any changes to a booking, must be made by the bride (or via Wedding Planner) only.
2. Changes to your booking by adding services onto your original booking can only be accepted if time/resources allow on your wedding day as an assistant may be required in the case of a large booking, which will incur an extra fee. A minimum of 6 weeks’ notice is needed to notify us.
3. Adding extra people on the day may put the quality of work in jeopardy or delay the ceremony and is totally at our discretion whether time allows.
4. Reducing service: You are required to give a minimum of 6 weeks notice should you wish to reduce numbers or services booked on your wedding day. After such time the full amount for services cancelled will still be payable by the specified due date, including the cost of an assistant.
5. Minimum spend is £500 or 500€ for wedding day services booked (this excludes trials) so please keep this in mind when making changes, as you will still be charged the minimum.
6. All payments are the responsibility of the bride.
7. In the unfortunate event that you have to cancel your booking completely, we require a minimum of 6 weeks notice – After such time the full amount will still be payable by the specified due date and no refunds will be given.
8. Deposits and already paid trials are non-refundable.
9. Should payments not be received we may need to consider forfeiting your wedding services and/or proceed with legal action to recover losses to protect our business.
IF WE CANCEL OR CHANGE THE BOOKING
1. In the unlikely event Jennifer Jane, or her team, is unable to attend on the day due to illness or unforeseen circumstances, all efforts will be made to find an alternative stylist/artist to stand in.
2. If an assisting artist is needed for a large party and they are unable to attend we may ask for an earlier start time to accommodate original numbers, or services will be refunded, either in part, or altogether.
IN THE EVENT OF DELAYS ON THE WEDDING DAY
1. In the event that we experience unforeseen delays on the day which are out of our control due to clients being late/not being ready when we need them or by not following our instructions to carry out relaxed and efficient work, refunds will not be given.
2. In the event that one or more services are forfeited as a result – no compensation will be offered if we overrun.
4. No refund or compensation can be offered for delays caused by other wedding vendors, guests, or members of the bridal party.
6. If you suspect any member of your bridal party may pose as a challenge in any way, they are encouraged to have a trial to avoid potential delays on the day.
7. Jennifer Jane always makes sure that timeliness is very important on a wedding day, but in the unlikely event that she is delayed due to traffic/any other unforeseen circumstance, any forfeited services will be refunded.
1. Jennifer Jane and her team have full public liability insurance to protect both themselves and the client.
Discounts are not given
All enquiries need to be sent via the Contact Page on the website or by emailing email@example.com. We cannot guarantee a timely response through social media channels. Please note that in peak season it may take slightly longer to respond to your queries as our full focus has to be with our current brides.
1. Jennifer Jane and her team of stylists/artists cannot be held liable for sensitivities, allergies or skin/medical conditions that may affect the use of their products. Any losses will not be their responsibility due to the clients failure to inform or any mis-communication.
2. The client must inform their makeup artist of any allergies/sensitivities/skin conditions before any services are carried out. This includes before/during the trial and after if any sensitivities/problems have been found.
TIMINGS AND EFFICIENCY
1. To carry out their work efficiently Jennifer Jane or one of her team artists will need as a bare minimum a table and chair to set up and carry out services.Twenty minutes is allotted to set up and be ready in time to start services. If suitable conditions are not provided we cannot be held responsible for delays if time is lost due to this – please see ‘In the event of delays’ above.
It’s important that we keep on updating our portfolio and social media so please let us know if you do not wish to be photographed or if you aren’t happy for us to use your images for marketing purposes. Jennifer Jane is happy to be photographed on your wedding morning however, if an Image is incorporating her or one of her assistants in action, or our hair and/or make-up design is shown in the photo on social media platforms or other advertising platforms, please kindly make reference or credit us as the hair and/or makeup artists – we really appreciate it!
Please use the following tags when posting photos of our work as well as our personal hashtag for all of our lovely brides!
@jenniferjanemua for Instagram and/or our website www.jjmakeup.com
Warning: Illegal string offset 'class' in /home/jjmakeup/public_html/wp-content/themes/jacqueline/shortcodes/trx_basic/section.php on line 155